We humans have a tendency to predict future uncertainties and a desire to analyze patterns and contemplate the unknown. When we talk about future of mobile marketing industry, the scenario looks more certain. We can analyze from past marketing fads and current techniques a clearer picture of what mobile marketing would look like.
Let us look at some benefits the future may hold for mobile marketers:
1. MORE EFFECTIVE TARGETING OF CONSUMERS:
Marketers are placing value on SMS automation which uses artificial intelligence system to automate the facilitation of buying and selling adverts to target a hyper-acute audience. One of the most effective and specific forms of acquiring targeted mobile consumers. For now artificial intelligence system are still in their infancy and there is still time for it to match the superior cognition of human decision making process. SMS Marketing is available to a wider audience at lower costs.
2. DEPLOYMENT OF BOTS REPLACING HUMAN INTERACTION
Bots is a series of algorithms forming an application that can be programmed to perform automated tasks on request. With the success of Apple’s Siri and Microsoft’s Cortana there has been a rise in integrated bots offering customer service and tasks that were previously delegated to humans. These conversational user interfaces systems grow as they learn, and are connected to the internet 24/7 so in future these web bots could potentially be able to let one know when the items they want are on sale, remind them of the events they are planning to attend without having to even lift a finger.
3.THE PROLIFERATION OF ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IN AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING
With advancement in AI there are various fields that are governed by artificial intelligence algorithms that we wouldn’t even know. For example the autocorrect feature on our phone traces the patterns of spellings, learns from our previous errors and refines our prediction process based on the user input combined with nifty machine learning algorithm.
A recent survey conducted revealed that we spend over 5 hours on mobile devices each day. This tells us that there is a vast and engaged mobile audience out there which can be tapped. So, let’s look at things that can be done to keep up with the growing mobile marketing in 2018.
4. VOICE SEARCH
40% of adults use voice search once a day. Google previously reported that 20% of mobile queries were voice searches. And by this point we’ve all heard of Amazon Alexa and Google Home is perfect examples of how far voice search has come and how fast it’s growing.
5. FAST LOADING WEBSITES
Website holds a key content regarding the brand and its products and there should not be any delay in loading the website as this can turn the audience away. Developing a quick and easy user experience is one of the simplest but most important elements of successful mobile marketing. DoubleClick’s research states that 53% of mobile site visits are abandoned if pages take over 3 seconds to load.
6. MOBILE ADVERTISING
It’s a great way to reach a growing and hyper engaged audience — Facebook Messenger has over 1.3 billion active users, and with LinkedIn Sponsored Content, you can tap into their audience of over 500 million professionals.
Mobile Trends for 2018
9 things you need to know .
- Progressive Web Apps
- Emerging technology
- Next big thing for mobile as per experts
- By 2020 PWAs will replace 50% of general consumer facing mobile apps .
- World will spend 1 trillion dollars on reinventing web to make it mobile-first by 2021
- Mobile –First Indexing
- As per Google ,for high rank mobile presence of site is needed with good performance and proper content.
- Pages need to load quickly and with responsive design
- Touch screen buttons ,photos and text appearing at correct positions with flexible zooming.
- Mobile Speed
- Not just the optimization of site for mobile and cleaning code-wise, the speed at which loads needs to be paid proper attention.
- If your page takes more than 3 seconds to load, bounce rate rises to 53% .
- If loading goes from 1 sec to 5 secs ,bounce rate goes to 90%.
- Smart content for user experience
- Personalized experience for each use.
- Personalized email messages improve click-through rates by an average of 14% and conversions by 10% .
- Moments during the day when a consumer instinctively reaches for the smart phone to find anything like news,events ,tutorials ,trivia questions.
- Mobile centric -96% of users go for smartphones in these mirco-moments .
- People at least twice use online search than other offline sources or store visits
- Artificial Intelligence
- Potential to help marketers personalize the customer experiences at new level
- Virtual digital assistant will be on more than 3.3 Bn devices by 2020
- AI will revolutionize marketing by 2020 as per 80% of marketers .
- Live Stream –Social strategy
- Incorporating live-streams as part of wider campaign is emerging fastly.
- By 2019 ,video will account for 78% world’s mobile data traffic .
- As per facebook reports ,users spend 3 times more time on watching live videos than static content.
- Mobile payments
- With mobile security getting harder to crack day by day, more consumers are trusting their mobile phones getting access to their banking information.
- In-store mobile payments will reach $503bn by 2020.
- Mobile wallets are expected to surpass the use of both credit and debit cards by 2020.
- AR and VR
- Retail ,travel and media environments .
- By 2021 AR and VR will generate $67.3bn
Few experts from the industries share their views on the tends that can be noticed in mobile marketing in coming years:
In the next several years, mobile technology will continue to enhance at a ferocious rate. It will become a truly integrated part of one’s marketing mix, versus seen as a separate mobile strategy– Lisa Kalfus (VP marketing, Wente Vineyards)
The most innovative marketers understand that the future of search and discovery is visual, not keywords. Visual technology is changing the way we communicate, with advances in artificial intelligence and machine learning- Meredith Guerriero (Head of US partnerships, Pinterest)
SMS price increase will actually benefit brands as volumes will become less and your message will get more attention. SMS has become more powerful now.-Vikram Raichura
Helo serve brands to engage with its customers well with a reduction in the overall cost of 25%. Get connected to us to ensure you yield higher ROI in most optimized manner. Call: +91 83 83 83 83 99